View Single Post
Old April 20 2013, 11:57 PM   #36
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: The Official "Oblivion" Review Thread

This was a pretty good movie. At first, I thought things rather cliched, set in the future where the main character is fixated on the time period in the past which coincidentally is the movie's release date (or near enough, in this case) and I totally had it figured out the "Scavs" were actually humans.

However, I was totally surprised where the story went prett much as soon as Jack Harper met the other version of himself. And when all is said and done, we even get a satisfactory explanation for why Harper is fixated with modern times.

Okay, but here's a though, are the various numbers assigned to the Harpers an indication of how many there are? Given the main one is 49 and the one he met up with is 52, does that mean there are at least 52? If so, what will happen to the other fifty? They can't all reunite with Julia and raise their daughter. Though I suppose there's no real reason why they can't continue their marriages with their respecitve Victorias.