View Single Post
Old April 20 2013, 08:31 PM   #149
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: How Far Should TOS-R Have Gone?

I've stated my opinions and I'm sure few if any will agree with them... That's the story of my life... I don't hop on the bandwagon and blindly follow crowds... I like to reason my own course out beforehand... I'm a thinking man in an unpopular world of herd instinct Borg...

I for one do not believe that Star Trek is in the "right hands" as of J.J. Abram's ascent to the throne... I not only say this for Star Trek but for Star Wars as well...

Science fiction films in general have deteriorated in the 21st Century to kids flicks; super heros and super villains, what have you... All CGI, ridiculously overblown stunts, explosions, shaky cam, lens flares, bad writing, bad acting, No plot, No character development... No Intelligence Left!

I just don't want to see Star Trek take that route...
It's probably too late already!

Yeah, I can take a good bubblegum/popcorn flick and turn my brain off for a movie every now and the, too...but not Constantly Off... I miss meaningful SF... What do we have now? All in-your-face rollercoaster rides... FX for no reason other to keep the simplest of senses going in our attention-deficit world... No wonder 3-D is returning--they're desperate to introduce Any gimmick to keep alive the dying film industry! And they can use it to boost the price of tickets, too!

But what do I know... Maybe I'm just this old fart who has trouble adapting to change...
Lenny Nurdbol is offline   Reply With Quote