View Single Post
Old April 20 2013, 02:59 PM   #8
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: Terrorism/Bombings

tippy wrote: View Post
In light of the Boston Marathon bombings, will Harrison's terrorist actions/bombings in the movie be too much to stomach?
Perhaps.

Cumby has said something about John Harrison - he's trying to make a case that Harrison is sympathetic, that he has reasons for doing what he did, that he is not "really" a terrorist. I hope he's not actually trying to tell us that we should take Harrison's side, but there we are.

These Russian dudes would no doubt claim that they had reasons for doing what they did. So by presenting a fictional character - John Harrison - in a sympathetic light, the film might be seen as downplaying the obvious evil and violence of the real life Boston bombings. (I'm just going to assume that Harrison causes more deaths and injuries in this film than the Russian guys did in Boston.)
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote