View Single Post
Old April 20 2013, 09:44 AM   #190
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

Well, that was certainly one of the most amazing events I've ever witnessed. And to see it all play out in places I know and that are a relative stone's throw from where I live is very surreal. A historic terrorist manhunt in Watertown, of all places? The terrorist is taken to Mt. Auburn Hospital, a small facility normally anonymous in the shadow of big guns like MGH and NEMC (well, he was later transferred to BI). If this was a movie, it would be considered far-fetched.

But I'm really impressed with how the people handled it and how the hordes of law-enforcement people worked together to track him down and bring him in. It was an unprecedented situation and it was handled as well as could possibly be. Even the loud, obnoxious media contributed.

Now we wait for Dennis Lehane to write the novelization.

But there are still four people dead and dozens maimed and scarred for life. For no reason, other than there are ideologies in the world that warp people's minds and turn them into killers.