View Single Post
Old April 20 2013, 06:05 AM   #811
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

Re: "What You Leave Behind" Line-by-Line

HarryM wrote: View Post
I would say it depends on the series and episode. I am a lot more familiar with TOS and TNG, followed by (in order) DS9, Ent and Voyager. I do make corrections to clarify where I think something is lacking, or if there is something I find personally compelling that I want to emphasize. I do see that in other posts as well. Most of the time it's pretty straightforward CxV.

I think the compelling thing in a line by line is to appreciate the purity of the story as it exists as words on a page, you have to have good words to begin with. I enjoy reading and posting the line by line as it makes me appreciate the writers seminal contribution to the episode. Obviously some episodes (and series) are better than others in that regard.
I look for episodes from Voyager and Enterprise on the net because I don't have those series on DVD. I use those for the words. I do admit that i use the transcripts to get names of characters whose name's I don't hear during the show or are only listed in the credits.

The compelling thing in a line by line, for me, was the thrill of competition.

If it is
...the compelling thing in a line by line is to appreciate the purity of the story as it exists as words on a page, you have to have good words to begin with.... I enjoy reading and posting the line by line as it makes me appreciate the writers seminal contribution to the episode.
then just read the transcripts.
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote