View Single Post
Old April 20 2013, 05:40 AM   #195
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: The Defiance Thread - News about the Show and Game

I finally had a chance to watch the pilot after being unable to catch it in its initial airing on Monday, and I really liked what I saw. It didn't feel like your typical television pilot, and had more of a feature-length movie vibe to it.

There were a few things that they could've made a bit more clearer plot-wise, but I liked the storyline overall and the characters are all interesting.

A while back, IO9 posted a review of the series in which they compared it to Firefly, but I really didn't get a Firefly-esque vibe from it at all. It actually reminded me way more of Tombstone - not only in terms of its scope, as mentioned above, but also in terms of its overall structure - than anything else.

I won't be able to watch episodes as they air due to viewing conflicts, but I definitely intend to keep up with the series, and am interested in seeing where things go from here on out, especially with regards to the mystery that is revealed at the end of the episode and with Datak and his wife's scheme involving their son and the McCawley's daughter.