View Single Post
Old April 19 2013, 07:04 PM   #28
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Recommended Viewing Order TV Shows and Movies

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Lenny Nurdbol wrote: View Post
If Abrams had remade it, he'd have whole decks being blown out, phaser fights on the outer hull...all while the camera shakes and the lens flares! Plus with guaranteed dumbed-down dialogue, making Charlie Evans into a one-dimensional comic book villain character with no real explicable motivations for his actions... And Janice Rand really would be raped by him...
That doesn't sound at all like the movie I've seen and enjoyed.

It must be noted that this weird little scenario comes from your head, not from JJ Abrams' or from the film, and that it is, at best, a strawman argument, and at worst a very disturbing confluence of ideas, drenched in what sounds like unfiltered resentment.
General Notes:
1. You're easy to please, some of us kind of demand a bit more than a teen angst movie rollercoaster ride, especially with something like 200 million blown on it...

2. J.J. Abrams background speaks for itself... Like how and why he got the job he has now... His past works, and his co-writing crew ("Armageddon" "Transformers" "Lost")...
Basically the boy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near adult SF entertainment...

3. I've got a "weird head" as you say... "Unfiltered resentment" sounds good but to really impress me you have to take that extra step and Ask where such resentment can come from... I mean, anyone can point their finger at a sobbing or angry person and state the obvious, but to ask Why is a quantum leap in reasoning...
Maybe, just maybe that person was assaulted, or lost a valued possession or relative... I kind of Doubt s/he was "born that way."

4. I'm a non-conformist, free-thinker... I Analyze things from different perspectives... Nobody force-feeds me a movie's rating; nobody Tells Me to Like a movie just because everyone else Likes a movie...

5. Last but not least... This is a bit off-topic for this thread!
Lenny Nurdbol is offline   Reply With Quote