View Single Post
Old April 19 2013, 06:50 PM   #112
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: How Far Should TOS-R Have Gone?

BillJ wrote: View Post
trevanian wrote: View Post

The "it's not gone" argument ignores the core of all this -- the issue of tampering.
I'm sorry, but I don't see Star Trek as some type of sacred religious relic.

Trying to improve on things we've done before is kinda at the core of being human. It is debatable whether the work CBS Digital did on the series was an improvement (I happen to think much of the ship shots were pretty poor), but I refuse to damn them for tinkering with it.

As far as Trek as we know it disappearing, J.J. Abrams did try to break into my house and steal all my Trek related discs but luckily LeVar Burton was there to stop him...

Lenny Nurdbol wrote: View Post
The Aurora class cruiser from 'The Way to Eden" is GONE...

Fell out of my chair when I saw it!
Really? Of all the things to criticize? I was actually thankful they ditched the Tholian Webspinner with nacelles glued onto it.
The Aurora Class (NCC-C1200) space cruiser is an integral component of Treknical history... She's been thoroughly blueprinted and, in fact, is probably one of the most detailed and researched 2-sheeter ever... You could say the forerunner of other Vulcan-designed small craft including the Tai Tandem "warpsled" of ST-TMP... Kind of part of the lineage which went into the design of the Vulcan ships in TNG's "Unification" 2-parter...
An Aurora even appears in the hangar cutaway of the Durance class cargo/tug booklet of general plans...

Some of us fans take these little "throwaway scraps" far more seriously than other more "casual" fans...
To some of us, Star Trek IS a sacred, religious relic...

Just remember how much that phaser rifle sold for at an auction recently! Now imagine if it was CGI replaced with something entirely different, a rifle with all manner of Transformers-like BS fluidity... Maybe you'd like to see something like that Replaced and banished to some trash can on the edge of forever...

And give Mr. Atoz a Really Cool futuristic weapon in "All Our Yesterdays" instead of a metal cylinder!

There's just no respect for the past anymore... No respect for the dead...
Lenny Nurdbol is offline   Reply With Quote