View Single Post
Old April 19 2013, 05:14 PM   #99
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: How Far Should TOS-R Have Gone?

Lenny Nurdbol wrote: View Post
Who's being insulting? I'm giving a passionate and honest opinion (you know, strictly IMHO) of a film.
Well, this is a little insulting, and it refers directly to the fans in several places...

Lenny Nurdbol wrote: View Post
You don't know about me because I don't have a Blu-ray player nor a high-definition viewscreen...

And you couldn't pay me to buy remastered-anything.

I've been reading how the different episodes of TNG have been "remastered" with a little high-res here, and a "reconstructed" planet there (watch it in slow motion else you might miss it!). Amazing how fans pay for the same stuff over and over again. Maybe they've got more time and money to waste than I have?

I'm sure they'll have a 3-D release of them, sooner or later (call it Phase 2.0) all and fans'll run out and gobble them up, too. Better yet, put a stupid trading card in each pack with a mystery pink dot or something on one in a million to attribute some "collectors value" to it. They're well-trained to consume and swallow these gimmicks...

You'd think people would have learned from Lucas...
But they don't. Neither do they grow up. Thus the spectacular success of J.J. Abrams film.

Yeah, I am getting too old for this...

As for this...

And if a writer (say of a particular Star Trek novel) IS online here, Any and Every piece of negative criticism is unwarranted, unjustified, and worthy of a permanent ban... After all, it's easier to Delete one mere know-nothing fan as opposed to someone Blessed by the near-PTB who at least carry some visionary weight with Pocket Books...

[This is why I'm keeping my mouth clamped shut like an Aldebaran shellmouth over "The R**gs of ****" which has got to be The Worst TOS Novel this fan has read in years, and believe me I've read just about all of 'em...]
That is hardly keeping your mouth "clamped shut". You are entitled to your opinion of course, but this isn't even relevant to the thread.

It wouldn't hurt to bring it down a notch or two.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote