View Single Post
Old April 19 2013, 01:40 PM   #68
jimcat
Lieutenant

Re: When exactly did Marla McGivers die?

Hello everyone,

Timewalker, thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my posts. The points you're raising are making me think a lot more about what was a pretty vague idea to wave away some problems I was having with the placement of “Space Seed” and “Wrath of Khan” in an overall timeline. Even though you're not convinced (and there's no reason you should be), it's much more interesting to argue a point, especially when some of my “evidence” in support of it can't bear inspection.

You're right, Chekov didn't really make the connection about Khan and the Ceti Alpha system until he saw the belt-buckle. It's still odd that he doesn't, but that's a long way from it being in any way impossible.

I'm not as convinced Kirk is that moral, especially on the evidence of “Wrath of Khan”. He has already abandoned Khan and his followers, and he's effectively turned his back on his own son, and that's without any of my suppositions. Having Kirk go back to Ceti Alpha obviously seems wrong and out of character to you, and your opinion is every bit as valid as mine (if not more so: you're not presupposing anything that's not specifically mentioned). It's so handy datewise if he does, though!

Best wishes,
Timon