On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered: "Doctor Who?”
"The Name of the Doctor"
Alex Kingston as River Song
Neve McIntosh as Vastra
Catrin Stewart as Jenny
Dan Starkey as Strax
Written by Steven Moffat
Directed by Saul Metzstein
Someone is kidnapping the Doctor’s friends, leading him towards the one place in all of time and space that he should never go.
- The Doctor will go to Trenzalore.
- At the fields of Trenzalore, where somehow "no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer", someone will ask that question we've heard many times before: "Doctor Who?"
- The Doctor will obviously be forced to reveal his name (and possibly more info about who he is).
- Chaos presumably ensues following the big reveal.
- The mystery behind Clara "The Impossible Girl" Oswald will also be revealed at some point during the episode.
- Victorian Scotland will be one of the settings of the episode.
- Moffat: "There's going to be a revelation. I'm not teasing. I'm not wrong-footing you - you're about to learn something about the Doctor that you never knew before. And I think you're in for a shock..." Sounds like more than just his name.
- We will see monsters known as The Whispermen.
Screencap from the Series 7 part 2 trailer, revealing the Whispermen: