View Single Post
Old April 19 2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Finale discussion thread (spoilerific title inside) *SPOILERS WITHIN*

On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered: "Doctor Who?”

"The Name of the Doctor"

Guest Stars:
Alex Kingston as River Song
Neve McIntosh as Vastra
Catrin Stewart as Jenny
Dan Starkey as Strax

Written by Steven Moffat
Directed by Saul Metzstein

Official description:
Someone is kidnapping the Doctor’s friends, leading him towards the one place in all of time and space that he should never go.
Other details:
  • The Doctor will go to Trenzalore.
  • At the fields of Trenzalore, where somehow "no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer", someone will ask that question we've heard many times before: "Doctor Who?"
  • The Doctor will obviously be forced to reveal his name (and possibly more info about who he is).
  • Chaos presumably ensues following the big reveal.
  • The mystery behind Clara "The Impossible Girl" Oswald will also be revealed at some point during the episode.
  • Victorian Scotland will be one of the settings of the episode.
  • Moffat: "There's going to be a revelation. I'm not teasing. I'm not wrong-footing you - you're about to learn something about the Doctor that you never knew before. And I think you're in for a shock..." Sounds like more than just his name.
  • We will see monsters known as The Whispermen.
Screencap from the Series 7 part 2 trailer, revealing the Whispermen:
"Human beings worship the great god Santa, a creature with fearsome claws, and his wife Mary. And every Christmas Eve, the people of UK go to war with the country of Turkey. They then eat the Turkey people for Christmas dinner like savages."

Last edited by Chris3123; April 19 2013 at 02:37 PM.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote