Rise of the Zombies - Netflix Instant
In Time - DVD
The Place Beyond the Pines - free admission
42 - free admission
Leviathan (1989) - Netflix Instant
The Conversation - Netflix Instant
London's West End: Great Expectations - free admission
Oblivion - free admission

Got together with friends for a double feature Wednesday night.

First up, the Action Pack's Quote Along for Clue: The Movie with my friend Barbara. Props for the interactive viewin' included bells, flashlights, champagne poppers, and we were two seats away from the host and his confetti canon for when the chandilier first falls behind Mustard. There was a speciality cocktail, too, which I tried. It was kinda tart, but worth it.

Followed that up with my second viewin' of Jurassic Park 3D with my buddy James. He enjoyed it.

When I got in from the movies, I watched Leviathan via Netflix Instant. It was such an obvious ripoff of Alien, only set under the Earth ocean, instead of outer space. Motley crew of civilian employees workin' for a company that could give a flyin' fuck encounter an unknown threat that kills 'em one by one. At least it had actors I like in it.

My 150th "new to me" movie of the year was The Conversation via Netflix Instant this afternoon. I'm absolutely convinced that Gene Hackman's character in that movie was the same character in Enemy of the State. And I miss Gene Hackman...sucks that he's been retired for freakin' ever. Means its only a matter of time 'til I see all his movies.

Went back out to the Alamo Drafthouse for another double feature tonight.

First up, a filmed presentation of the stage play for Great Expectations from London's West End. I admit, I haven't read the book, but I really enjoyed seein' it like this. One set, two acts, and told as a memory/dream by the older Pip...

I may have to find a copy of the book, 'cause I overheard a woman tell her friends, "And now I'll tell you the real story on the way home!"

Followed that up with the premiere viewin' of Oblivion at ten o'clock.

I thought that was a good one, too. An interestin' scifi movie that isn't a remake, reboot, sequel, prequel or from Stephanie Meyer....Tom Cruise was still Tom Cruise, and Morgan Freeman isn't in it as much as ya might think from the trailer, but still a good movie.

I may go to see Upstream Color tomorrow before work, haven't decided for sure yet. And I still have To the Wonder and Olympus has Fallen to get to!