I was looking up some information about Ensigns of Command, and there are plenty of things in there that could make the documentary, such as: (From Memory Alpha)
- Having to cut $200,000 from the budget at the last minute
- The title of the episode came from a poem written by John Quincy Adams
- Goshaven had to be voice dubbed because the actor's original voice sounded too much like John Wayne. (You know what would be awesome in this documentary, or even on the set itself? Having this episode as a special feature without the voice dubbing and letting the fans hear the John Wayne voice. I wonder if in the long run how that would have affected the episode.)
- This is an episode that Cliff Bole isn't really proud of. It's a pity, because Patrick Stewart's performance in that final negotiation scene makes the episode worth it, not to mention how hot Ard'rian was.
- The Dali Llama was there, which is why I think this episode might be featured as part of the Doc.
If any of this stuff makes the documentary, I'll be happy because it will be once again showing that these features talk about the series as a whole, not just the "popular episodes". It also fits in with how the documentaries have gone so far with the make up tests and just going all the way with the detail. The more I think about this, the more I can't wait to see the season 3 part of the documentary, as well as the tribute to Michael Piller.