View Single Post
Old April 19 2013, 01:19 AM   #84
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: How Far Should TOS-R Have Gone?

I know that I'm in the minority here, so don't clobber me.

IMHO, they should have LEFT TOS ALONE. What you see is what you get. You don't go back and retouch works of art. You don't colorize episodes of The Twilight Zone. You just leave them as the product of their times.

When I saw my first "remastered" TOS episode, I puked. Because what I saw, from my warped little perspective, was a lot of hard work by model makers and cameramen thrown away, literally Edited Out, and replaced by...let's be honest, souped up Cartoons. I knew that old model and it still looks like a Physical model rather than some computer-generated contraption. I think "remastered" does a great disservice to the people who brought the original Enterprise to life.

If that wasn't enough, they started to change other things. Spock's koon-ut-kali-fi stomping grounds in "Amok Time" were changed. The beam-down landscape of the Tantalus V penal colony in "Dagger of the Mind" changed. Flint's home in "Requiem For Methuselah" changed. The SS Aurora in "The Way to Eden" changed. Changed for no good stinking reason other than the fact that they Could change things.

Yeah, and again: IMHO!
I'm the minority guy all alone in his own opinion.
Lenny Nurdbol is offline   Reply With Quote