View Single Post
Old April 18 2013, 09:34 PM   #35
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Re: Best female Star Trek Cast?

R. Star wrote: View Post
Third Nacelle wrote: View Post
Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
I never understood what she was doing with the Kazon anyway. A single operative (especially a female in a male dominated culture) wouldn't have been able to build a power base in the DQ, neither did the Kazon have technological means to get her back to the AQ (plus they were little more than petty thugs who fought among themselves).
She never meant to stay with the Kazon. Seska is a user, and she was using them as a stepping stone to bigger things. I think she was really deluded enough to think she could capture Voyager.
Well she did. So I wouldn't call it much of a delusion. The only thing Basics proved was that both sides were idiots.
Then what? Was she going to kill all the Kazon onboard and then start taking over the quadrant with only her baby and the EMH for company? Why not simply gas the ship when she was a crewmember a week after "Caretaker", revive the Maquis, leave the Starfleeters behind on a planet somewhere and head for home with her identity still intact?

The whole Seska storyline had no objective other than being a recurring badguy with a personal connection to the crew.