View Single Post
Old April 18 2013, 07:53 PM   #94
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: Did Picard make the right decision with the Son'a/Baku

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post

You forgot one option: the future member species of the federation bring into the federation the territory they previously had.
I don't recall the Ba'Ku's original homeworld joining the Federation at any point during or before the events of the film.
The baku were NOT on their original homeworld.
They settled a planet belonging to one of the species which will subsequently joined the federation.
That makes the baku tresspassers.
And when the f@#k was that ever stated in the movie NOBODY lives in the f@#king Briar Patch accept the Ba'ku

So - now it's gone from ~'the federaion had no right to remove the baku from the planet' to ~'the federation had no right to remove the bake from their planet without due process'?
You're making progress.
No I'm pointing out how full of crap the eminent dominant argument being bandied about by people who apparently didn't bother to look the term up is and how its probably being used to make their argument look legitimate.

To answer your question, yes, the baku were denied due process - a right the legally had.
Abd any such process would have only one outcome
Considering they were planning to move them without any proceeding I wouldn't be so sure of that, especially since considering you probably didn't even no about the due process thing in eminent dominant until I pointed it out I'm not that confident in your understanding of how legal procession work out.

Here is a hint not very quickly or as clear cut as you think it is.

Hell the fact that this was done in secret apparently already leads me to think the term Political S@#tstorm for the Mass Effect games would apply here as everyone and the grandma is going to be commenting on it with their opinions you know like Ru'afo DIDN'T WANT TO HAPPEN which is why he wanted to MURDER the Enterprise crew.

given the immortality drug (along with billions of other peoples) and the rings are mined for the immortality drug.
According to Dougherty NO they were most certainly not or are you going to reinterpret the phrase about returning them to their proper course of evolution like you do legal terms?

So, if the baku are given due process, you would agree with the decision of moving them?
No I just felt you should no the actually definition of the word that gets thrown around like the people using it (incorrectly I might add) like they even know what it means when they again apparently DO NOT!

Or is your 'due process' argument only a smokescreen, used for its 'respectability'?
No I'm saying how full of crap the its eminent dominant argument is based on the fact that none of you even knows what it means, your just using it to make your argument sound better its no more correct that that stupid asking for a lawyer means you are guilty crap police procedures use.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote