View Single Post
Old April 18 2013, 07:42 PM   #93
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: Did Picard make the right decision with the Son'a/Baku

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
I didn't hear anything about a Supreme Court ruling in the movie? I've never even heard anything about a Federation Supreme Court... you're kind of making things up..
In general I'm pointing out that in real life the U.S. Supreme Court can strike down laws passed by Congress to point out that the "if the law makers pass it its legal argument"

I though that was a fair thing to do what with real legal terms were used to justify your side of the argument. Funny how that isn't the case anymore when its pointed out that they actually don't.
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post

United Federation of Planets =/= United States of America.
Your argument sure seems to be all over the place. We don't know what sort of checks and balances, if any, the Federation has. For all we know they were ready to do the equivalent of amending the Constitution for this case. We don't know. You're the one bringing up the legality of it when we don't know Federation law beyond what's presented. All the characters seem to be of the opinion that if the Council says so, they make it legal, so that's good enough for me.