View Single Post
Old April 18 2013, 02:19 PM   #54
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Anyone here who HATES "in the pale moonlight"

indolover wrote: View Post

lol.. Sisko tricked an entire Empire into war. I don't see how that deceit was justified, based upon the Romulans who may have died in the war. As for the Romulans, they didn't need to give a shit, the Federation was their long-term enemy, whilst they were blood enemies of the Klingons. Who says a government's first responsibility is self-defence?
In the Pale Moonlight wrote:
SISKO: The Founders see it as their sacred duty to bring order to the galaxy. Their order. Do you think they'll sit idly by while you keep your chaotic empire right next to their perfect order? No. If you watch us go under, then what you're really doing is signing your own death warrant.
In the Pale Moonlight wrote:
SISKO: I'd pick the side most likely to leave us in peace when the dust settles. Maybe you're right. Maybe the Dominion will win in the end. Then the Founders will control what we now call Cardassia, the Klingon Empire and the Federation. So, instead of facing three separate opponents with three separate agendas, you'll find yourselves facing the same opponent on every side. There's a word for that. Surrounded.
The Founders weren't going to allow the Romulan Empire to exist free from Dominion control when they controlled the rest of the quadrant.