View Single Post
Old April 18 2013, 09:53 AM   #15
Gaseous Anomaly
Vice Admiral

Re: Major chemical explosion in Waco...

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
What the hell is going on this week?

CNN is saying only 2 dead in Texas, though. I hope that's correct, as opposed to the 60. I don't see any reports of deaths in Oklahoma. I hope it stays that way. I hope casualties stay low.
I think the number will be higher as there were firefighters there trying to put out a previous fire that rekindled. There was a solid stream of ambulances and fire trucks headed North as I was headed home at 10:30. I just hope my coworkers and friends from West are OK, it's not a very big town and that was a huge explosion.
Pingfah wrote: View Post
I share your hope, but it's hard to see how it could have reduced a whole 50 unit apartment block to a skeleton and only killed 2 people.

I think the unfortunate reality here is that the death toll is going to rise quite a bit.
They had evacuated quite a few places when the plant originally caught fire, I hope that will help keep the death toll lower.
gaijin6423-Hobo Chaff: The act of swinging your arm overhead while releasing a handful of nickles in a large circle, like a spray from a lawn sprinkler, in order to disperse a mob of panhandling bums, creating a diversion so you can bug-out from the area.
Gaseous Anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote