Thread: Fitness Checkin
View Single Post
Old April 18 2013, 02:26 AM   #689
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: Fitness Checkin

So this thread has been pinned without a post for 7 months.

I have hesitated for a long time, mostly out of self-consciousness. But today I thought I would share my story.

I went to the Star Trek convention in San Francisco in November, and my wife and I had photo ops with everyone there.

When we got them back, I was mortified. I have always been heavy, but getting the objective view of the camera, I was disgusted with myself. I knew it was time to do something.

So, on January 8th, 2013, I started Weight Watchers online. I figured, if it could work for the Round Mound of Rebound, it could work for me.

Here we are three months later. I have followed the plan religiously, tracking all my points daily, doing everything the plan says to do.

As of today, I have lost 28.5 pounds.

For the first time in my life, I had to buy smaller pants. I have more energy. I just feel better.

I have another 26 pounds to go to hit my goal weight, but I'm more than halfway there. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, the plan works. It makes sense. It's easy to follow. The online tools are great.

So I will keep going.

Here's to all of us who struggle.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is online now   Reply With Quote