April 17 2013, 10:48 PM
Location: Ferguson, Missouri, USA
Re: Your own personal continuity
- During the TOS era, Starfleet adopted a policy of using painted, standardized parts (saucer sections, engineering sections, and nacelles) for its starships and the original Constitution-class was a product of that time.
- Robert April was the first captain of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701); Lieutenant Commander Christopher Pike was his first officer.
- Fashion in the mid 23rd-Century underwent a retro period inspired by the 1960s.
- Phase weaponry never entered widespread usage in the late 22nd-Century and Starfleet relied on a new form of "laser" weaponry until the 2260s.
- The USS Constellation (NCC-1017) originally came from a different starship class but was ultimately upgraded to a Constitution-class.
- Kirk commanded a second five-year mission after TMP.
- Following the completion of Kirk's second 5-year mission, he was forced to return to the admiralty as the Commandant of Starfleet Academy; Spock was subsequently promoted to Captain of the Enterprise.
- At some point prior to TWOK, the Enterprise was assigned to Starfleet Academy as a cadet training vessel still under Spock's command.
- Relations between the Federation and the Klingons took a sharp turn for the worse after Star Trek V and soured the views of many Starfleet veterans (including Kirk and Scotty) towards Klingons.
- The Enterprise-B was in the final months of her construction at the time of Star Trek VI.
- John Harriman was only the first captain of the Enterprise-B, there were several others that came after him.
- The Enterprise-B was decommissioned after 50 years as the longest-serving Federation starship to bear the Enterprise name.
- Riker and LaForge had attended a class together as cadets at Starfleet Academy, but didn't really get to know each other during their time there.
- The first seven years of the Enterprise-D's service was spent performing a wide variety of missions. The ship was about to finally embark on a long-term (10+ year) deep-space exploration mission at the time of Generations.
"Don't sweat the small stuff--it makes you small-minded..."