View Single Post
Old April 17 2013, 09:15 PM   #149
FreezeC77
Commodore

Re: The Defiance Thread - News about the Show and Game

I think there's a lot of paint by numbers in this show. I thought the pilot was filled with cliches you could see coming at you a galaxy away which made the actions of characters the plot pretty transparent and easily predictable.

I'm hoping there is more depth as the show progresses. I do like the "gangster" character and his wife even if that does hit on some past types of characters in fiction.

The main thing I question especially reading earlier and seeing the backstory. How the hell did the Earth *FIGHT* these aliens? The ships came in 2013 and apparently the war broke out in 2023.

I really don't think we have the technology to be battling multiple interstellar races and don't think that will improve much in 10 years. I'm assuming there was some sharing of technology by those seeking to settle on the Earth, but that still seems a bit farfetched to me.

I would think any fight against Aliens would be similar to Fallen Skies. Pretty much *OWNED* within a few days and then whatever fighting remains is resistance pockets.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote