View Single Post
Old April 17 2013, 07:31 PM   #57
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile
Re: S.S. Valiant Appearance

Warped9 - I love this design! Though I've yet to actually put pen to paper (or mouse to pixels) this is generally along the lines that I've been thinking for some time. Something that is a halfway point between DY-100 and the Ringship XCV-330.

For those interested, some years ago I came up with a design for the Valient based on an unused Jefferies sketch that I had run acrross. At this time I was thinking that all warp drives had nacelles involved and that the ringsjip design used a different technology. Since then I have been convinced by Aridas Sofia that the warp rings "evolved" into nacelles over time. I still like the below design, but I think I would move it into the early 22nd Century and make the Valient and her sister ships more like what Warped9 has done here, though perhaps closer in style to the DY-100.

Again, Great work Warped9!

"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is offline   Reply With Quote