View Single Post
Old April 17 2013, 07:05 PM   #167
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: new star trek trailer

Ovation wrote: View Post
Anyone catch the subtle nod to TOS production values in the trailer? The scene where Spock is running after Harrison, at 1:51 into the trailer (just after Harrison bursts through the glass), shows Spock's insignia on the wrong side of his shirt--as used to happen to McCoy in TOS on more than one occasion. That's the kind of attention to detail that shows, beyond all doubt, that Abrams' reverence for the source material is unimpeachable.

I loved the trailer, don't get me wrong. I was simply amused that a little reversal like that snuck into it the way it would on TOS.
Harrison bursting through the glass is also reversed from what was seen in previous clips and stills.

We saw image-flips like that in trailers for the last one, too. The one with Spock's insignia on the wrong side of his shirt as he's choking Kirk on the bridge is one that quite a few people picked up on. Robau's briefly-missing badge in the movie might have been because of an image-reversal, as well.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote