View Single Post
Old April 17 2013, 06:12 PM   #127
SicOne
Commodore

Re: Brannon Braga: Not a Diane Carey Fan?

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
rfmcdpei wrote: View Post
A pity. This explains the large gap between Rihannsu novels, too, right?
Actually, the reason there is simpler. Richard Arnold was irked by The Romulan Way and made no secret of it. Here's some of the history behind that.

Essentially, Arnold claimed that The Romulan Way was an unsold original novel that Duane had in her files that she added a Romulan plot to in order to sell it as a Star Trek novel.

For balance, this is Arnold's response to Duane's version of events vis-a-vis The Romulan Way.

It does strike me as odd that she continued to write Star Trek fiction during Arnold's reign of terror, including Spock's World which drew heavily on The Romulan Way. I guess we'll never know the reasons.
I read with interest both of the postings you linked to...and came away with a layman's opinion that this guy was, er, a tad deranged. I know from previous posts that at one point he was very important to Trek, something like Roddenberry's right-hand man, and that he doesn't hold anything like that kind of power now, but (1) how did he fall from grace, so to speak, and (2) does he still have any affiliation to Trek?
SicOne is offline   Reply With Quote