View Single Post
Old April 17 2013, 05:24 PM   #42
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: Game of Thrones 3.3 - "Walk of Punishment" - Rate and discuss

My favourite episode of the season so far and the first where I voted Excellent. I loved how this managed to fit nearly everyone in, even if Jon and some of the others got short scenes.

Robb managed to look more commanding and kingly without his bride and I thought that his uncle and great-uncle were well cast; Clive Russell (remember him romancing Gail Platt in Coronation Street?!) had all the Blackfish's gruff authority and Tobias Menzies was as well-intentioned and ineffective as Edmure should be.

I loved the bits with Tyrion, Bronn and Pod and the small council scenes. Did anyone else see Varys' tongue going into his cheek as Baelish boasted about Lysa's feelings for him? Had the look of a Conleth Hill ad-lib.

Still not sure about the actor playing Tormund - is he meant to be more of a mix between the book's Tormund and the Thenn? Speaking of beyond the wall, did I see Burn Gorman among the Nights' Watch men at Craster's house?

The Theon storyline is interesting because it's so different from the books. I thought I knew where it was going but now I'm not so sure; certainly, I'm less sure about the identity of his original captors than I had been. Mind you, two attempted rapes in the space of several minutes of tv?

As for the last scene; well, coming as it did after Jamie saved Brienne from a rape, I almost felt sorry for him. Then I remembered him pushing Bran from the tower and shoving a dagger in poor Jory's eye, as he commanded his men to kill Ned's men and I thought 'fuck him.' Still, no less an effective and traumatic scene for all that, brilliantly acted by both men.

Incidentally, was Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol among the northmen singing The Bear and the Maiden Fair earlier in the episode? I believe he's filmed a cameo for this season.