View Single Post
Old April 17 2013, 04:20 PM   #78
Pudgy
Cadet

Re: New poster seems proof UHURA has replaced DR. MCCOY in the big thr

I wish people would move on. I have been reading a lot of comments from bbs,trekmovie and trekweb and it saddens to me to see that sexism is still an ongoing thing in the world.I just read a comment from trekweb saying that uhura needs to sit down and answer the phone. Am sorry, but that comment is a huge insult to all respected educated working women of the world.

Trek takes place in the 23rd century where (hopefully) men and woman are evenly matched.

also what exactly do sexist men want? they bash uhura for been just the girlfriend in the first film and now they are bashing her for actually getting out there are kicking ass.its a no win situation for the lead females in the JJ Trek universe.

Alice eve has even had it worse ,a lot of men do not care about her character all they care about is how great her body is.

President Obama was recently in a sexist controversy because he commented a woman on her looks.I would think most men will have learnt from his silly mistake but here we are...still.

it makes me sick.
Pudgy is offline   Reply With Quote