View Single Post
Old April 17 2013, 06:57 AM   #384
spot_loves_data
Captain

Re: Janeway's Decision to Kill Tuvix

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Well according to the episode already mention where Barclay was aware during transport no they are not.
^Non sequitur. That was a different debate with someone else. Unconscious people are transported all the time, and Picard was actually transported while dead then revived in sickbay. Continuity of consciousness doesn't seem to have any impact.

No not really, Tuvix materialized on the pad thus the transporter process is finished as in done, completed, no longer in process. you know the point you said they stopped trying at.
It's like you haven't seen the episode. Also, you're confusing me with someone else.

Far from giving up instantly, reversing the accident is the B plot for the rest of the episode. Seriously, you need to remember the episode if you're going to debate it. If you think they stopped trying to save Tuvok and Neelix after Tuvix materialized, then you've forgotten a large chunk of the plot. Here's a refresher: http://www.chakoteya.net/voyager/220.htm

As the viewer, I'm going to take their word for it,
And I'm not since it sounds like just being optimistic about a situation they don't know squat about.
Janeway's senior staff have established themselves, to the viewer, as honest and competent. We're meant to take what they say as fact. If you want to disregard the dialog of the characters and the development of those characters over the series, I suppose I should give you kudos for creativity. But I can't debate the alternative characters and hidden motivations you've crafted for yourself. Aside from Neelix, it would be completely out of character for Janeway's staff to bluster their way through a problem to create false hope.

And it turned out that Janeway's staff were correct. The accident was indeed reversible, like so many other Trek transporter accidents.
spot_loves_data is offline   Reply With Quote