View Single Post
Old April 17 2013, 05:56 AM   #20
rfmcdpei
Captain

View rfmcdpei's Twitter Profile
Re: Enterprise-C Stories

SicOne wrote: View Post
Markonian wrote: View Post
"Hour of Fire" in Star Trek: Enterprise Logs, and Vulcan's Heart.

Not literary Trek but good storytelling anway: The Enterprise-C is part of a mission in Star Trek Online. Therein the player encounters she ship in the war timeline again, for the ship ended up there after the events of Yesterday's Enterprise instead of returning to the Romulan battle. Denise Crosby reprises her role as Tasha Yar (alternate) with voiceover.
I'm not very familiar with the ST:Online timeline, but if the Ent-C ended up in in the Online's future-war instead of returning to the 2344 Narendra 3 battle, how did the Federation escape that ongoing war of attrition with the Klingons?

All things being equal, the C showing up in ST:Online's time would be completely outclassed, as it would be generations behind in technology, shields, and weaponry. Not sure what that would accomplish. Not a dig against the people involved with ST:Online, mind you, but an observation relating Ambassador-class capabilities to those of the Online ships.
As I understand it, the crew of the C accidentally got sucked into a future where, continuing on from "Yesterday's Enterprise" the weakened Federation and Klingons were conquered by the Dominion, leaving the Tholians to (among other things) take the C's crew in as forced labourers. The adventure saw the PCs help the C and its crew finally get back to its proper time, restoring

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I've often wondered what happened to the rest of the Ent-C survivors on Romulus. Sadly, it seems likely that they were all executed after Tasha tried to escape with Sela. (IIRC, the terms of keeping them alive in the first place hinged on Tasha becoming the 'property' of General Volskiar; so once she tried to bolt, they were all probably killed right along with her. I hope I'm wrong about this. )
Vulcan's Heart has ten survivors of the C, including Yar who is taken as Volskiar's concubine and Castillo who is accidentally killed by a guar for speaking out of turn. I'm guessing that they were executed, though who knows? Maybe Volskiar was merciful.
rfmcdpei is offline   Reply With Quote