View Single Post
Old April 16 2013, 10:27 PM   #372
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Janeway's Decision to Kill Tuvix

Sadara wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Sadara wrote: View Post
Hmmm... I wonder if that's because evil Kirk was evil and therefore it's okay to bring regular Kirk back.
In that case, Kirk needed to be integrated, because "good Kirk" was incapable of being a captain - without his dark side, as it were, he couldn't exercise command decisions. Also, "evil Kirk" was an evident threat to the ship. So those two things make it more obvious in Kirk's case than in Tuvix's.
That's my point though. If Tuvix was evil would that make a more palatable case for the decision to bring Tuvok and Neelix back? I'm interested in finding out how much the actual character of the individual influences how people feel about Tuvix and his right to life.
Speaking from the perspective of what makes an interesting episode... the writers wouldn't have wanted to make the decision more palatable. That's the point.

Janeway did kill Tuvix.

That should never be easy.

Janeway certainly doesn't think so, as she leaves sickbay with a look of resignation / muted (?) horror on her face.