View Single Post
Old April 15 2013, 05:16 PM   #248
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: 50th Anniversary Story Official Thread

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
Unless those "Eccleston backed out at the last minute" rumors are true, I very much doubt that there was ever a full script with the ninth Doctor. You don't put that much work into a concept that depends on particular actors without getting at least informal agreement from those actors that they'll be participating.
I don't find the rumors that Eccleston bailed at the last minute credible. Had Eccleston done so it would have been an unprofessional and career-damaging move on his part. Yes, actors leave productions at the last minute, but there are usually mitigating circumstances, and there are no mitigating circumstances rumored for Ecclestone's departure. There are no rumors of a death in the family, a life-threatening illness, even landing a plum role in a now-filming tentpole film for next summer.

I don't know if the rumor is wish-fulfillment on the part of some in fandom because they wanted to believe that Eccleston was going to be a part of the production.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote