Over the last week, I finished:
VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer
Two Gentlemen of Verona by William Shakespeare
Dark Mirror by Diane Duane
The Destroyer: Number Two by Warren Murphy
Death Count (TOS #62) by L. A. Graf
Devil's Bargain by Tony Daniel

I know that there has been some controversy regarding
but it never bothered me that much. I thought the whole thing was handled well within the novel continuity. I don't know when the next VOY novel will be published but I would imagine there would be some long-term complications from this. Much as we saw with
, I doubt this is just a case of "hitting the reset button", although the two cases are by no means the same type of event. Overall, I enjoyed TET very much.

Death Count was a cool TOS story that had a lot of focus on Chekov, Sulu, and Uhura. Always nice to see those characters get a chance to shine.

Devil's Bargain was a very good story. I look forward to seeing more stuff from Tony Daniel. I was kind of expecting to see a cameo from
, but I wasn't too disappointed that it didn't happen. I figure he was one of the founding members of
and just wasn't mentioned by name.

Don't know if anyone is familiar with The Destroyer series but I am glad they have started publishing e-book stories now that it seems to have died a print death, although the series' best years are pretty clearly behind it now. I first discovered the series in the mid-1980's and collected the entire series (around 150 books depending on who you ask) and really loved it (there was a movie made from the series in the 1980s called Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins - it was an awful movie, despite featuring a young Kate Mulgrew).
Garrovick is offline   Reply With Quote