View Single Post
Old April 15 2013, 03:34 PM   #123
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Re: Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
And despite Mr. Fandango's still bizarrely angry comments about the people who suggested it as an explanation, I specifically said multiple times that the show wouldn't actually follow the laws of physics like the showrunners claimed even when things were finally explained (see the first link above). I said it would be a piecemeal hybrid of scientific terms, pseudoscience, and pure magic just like Lost.
Why should I give a damn what some random person on the Internet said on a message forum? My "anger" was aimed at the actual people who matter and what they said, and that's the brunt of what I've had to say on the subject. Your words/predictions had/have/will have absolutely no meaning or weight whatsoever despite your apparently lofty opinion of yourself.
Apparently you did give a damn about the opinions of random people on the internet when you made this post directed at sojourner "and people like him" which was not only in your usual weirdly out of place hostile style but factually incorrect.

sojourner wrote: View Post
Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
And individuals like you said that it would be perfectly reasonable once we learned the reasons behind it.
I'm not sure who these people "like me" are. as I was one of the first people to say "magic" in this thread.
That passage wasn't directed at the showrunners, that was a criticism of people in the thread. And that's the misconception you were making that I was correcting with quotes right from when the show started.

So yay, you guessed it would be magic just like everyone else with half a brain did. Good for you.
No, clearly you're not angry or anything. Try harder to be convincing. I love how you turn the thing around that you just claimed we weren't saying and make it into an insult when we point out that we had been saying it all along. Well done.

The only reason I even responded was because you started getting self-righteous again and misrepresenting what people had said. Otherwise I wouldn't even have cared.

In no way, shape, or form does that not mean the showrunners didn't blatantly lie to us, nor is that an excuse to forgive them for being so full of shit. Especially considering the "quality" of the show. If it were good or compelling, it could at least be forgiven. I just wanted to stick with it long enough to see if they'd surprise me by actually living up to their bullshit.
Relax, you'll live longer.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote