View Single Post
Old April 15 2013, 03:24 PM   #27
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Re: why is there no more talk of a new star trek tv series?

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
I don't think the idea of what "should" factor into people enjoying entertainment is relevant. People respond as they respond.
Said people need to get the frack up off of their asses, grow up, and check out other animated series & movies (I`d highly suggest the animation of Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress) or Keiko Nobumoto (Cowboy Bebop) to see what animation can be like beyond cutesy-type animation. Then they won`t be going on about `the uncanny valley` or using it as an excuse for not liking a movie.

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
I just hope whoever does the next series -- whether it's live-action or animated -- that he or she has learned from the dwindling audiences of the Berman spinoffs that no one but a few hardcore geeks cares about Captain Arnold Swashbuckle of the Federation starship Exeter, or Commander Adrian Winslow of the timeship U.S.S. Tesseract, or the adventures of the great-grandson of Commander Riker in Starfleet Academy. The next Trek should be Kirk, Spock, a futuristic-looking Enterprise, and some really imaginative storytelling.
So, basically put, Star Trek should only be about Kirk & Co. That`s quite rich.

Last edited by Shaka Zulu; April 15 2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote