Old April 15 2013, 02:34 PM   #243
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: 50th Anniversary Story Official Thread

Timby wrote: View Post
Photoman15 wrote: View Post
Aldo wrote: View Post

Where did you hear this?

I want to make sure it's factual before I start getting my hopes up.
Here:
http://tennantnews.blogspot.com/2013...l-be-part.html
Note that some of what I said above is speculation by inference of what McGann said.
That was nothing more than McGann being a "glass half-full" type, taking that and reading "there's still a chance" from it is a pretty ludicrous leap.
I don't think that Aldo is making any more of a leap than McGann himself is. Here's what the latter says:

"Whatever it is that they're planning and they are making, they've got time to do it. It's my feeling [and] this is just a personal thing, once they resolve Chris Eccleston's participation or non-participation either way, then they're free to [figure it out]... Being actors anyway, they'll call us on the Friday and say, 'You're starting on a Monday'."

He added: "We're not going to know until the 11th hour. Half past 11... I can't count the times as an actor, when you're offered something and you start next week!"
'Still a chance' sounds a perfectly reasonable way of putting it; he's hardly saying it's a done deal or will probably happen. Merely that it could happen. While it hasn't been ruled out, there is indeed 'still a chance.'