View Single Post
Old April 24 2005, 09:56 AM   #27
Emperor Tiberius
Commodore

Re: TBBS Fanfic Recommendations

I recommend Star Trek: Vesta, a fantastic series by local writer Starkers.

I've read lots of Trek fiction over the years, but none has come closer to capturing the feel of a true Trek series the way his has. Vesta has the joviality and wonder of TOS, mixed with the intrigue of DS9, and is staffed with a command crew to rival Picard's, IMHO. Again, I can't recommend it enough.

As for the editing failings you may have found in my own work, Naraht, I can only apologize and say that I am but one man toiling within the timeframe my spare hours allow. Never thought of it as 'slapdash' though, but what can I say Nar, not everybody can be as perfect a writer as you obviously must be.

I give every fic I write two proofreads; one just after it's completed, and then a second before it is posted. But it's true, whenever I review a completed fic later on, I find, invariably, that errors still got through my filtering process. Personally, I have yet to come across a published novel without a single grammatical mistake in it, so at least I'm not alone...

1800fics The greatest stories ever written in exactly thirty minutes...
Emperor Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote