View Single Post
Old April 14 2013, 08:03 PM   #12
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
I guess I don't see what he said as anything approaching bad. Sure, it's a bit out of place, but otherwise harmless. To me it's a lot of sturm and drang, signifying nothing.
Again, Justin Bieber has millions of fans, and in more than one occasion, said fans have issued death threats for trivial reasons, so whatever he is saying can't just be dismissed as mere pablum or innocuous noise. This young man has a lot of influence on many young people, and considering how immensely moronic and uneducated he is, I don't think it's unfair to keep a close eye on him and hold him to some kind of minimal standard of public decency.
In all fairness, he's had death threats issued against him by people with a severely irrational hatred for the kid. Yeah, he has some issues he really needs to resolve, but on the whole, he's a decent person. He's a 19 year old pop singer who has lots of teenage fans. You want to monitor a current celebrity? Go monitor someone like, say, Chris Brown. He's done far more terrible things than want a historical figure to be a fan of his music.

Plus, if he doesn't adhere to your standards of public decency, what are you going to do? Spank him?
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is online now   Reply With Quote