View Single Post
Old April 14 2013, 12:27 PM   #14
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Re: The Newsroom Season 2 returns on July 14th!

Hunter X wrote: View Post
They've got to be doing something on all of the gun violence last year. From Aurora to Sandy Hook, it's too prominent for Sorkin not to get into. Plus, he did a fair amount of episodes on gun control issues for The West Wing. Maybe the actual events won't be directly referenced due to matters of good taste, especially Sandy Hook, but there will be a gun control plot line at some point.
There already was some of that in last season due to the attack on Giffords (covered in "I'll Try to Fix You") and when Will countered the claims of some Republicans that the Obama administration was trying to take away people's guns.

Hunter X wrote: View Post
'Course, I say all of this without knowing when the scripts were written or when episodes were shot. So maybe some of these events were too recent to make it into season two...
Now that you mention it, I think they started shooting right after the elections so we'll probably just get up to that point. So Sandy Hook probably won't be included.
Hurrican Sandy would make for a very dramatic background to the season finale but then the season would end without covering the election results.