View Single Post
Old April 14 2013, 06:16 AM   #80
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: NBA 2012-13 Discussion

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Some opinion editor's column I was reading opined that if Bryant were healthy the Lakers could have made a run in the playoffs. I'm sorry, but no. No, they wouldn't have. Neither San Antonio nor my Thunder were quaking in their boots, Kobe or no Kobe.

Didn't hear you talking this crap BEFORE Kobe got hurt. I don't know about the OKC players but perhaps some of their fans were doing some "quaking" (at least up until Friday night)
Therein lies the crux of the problem. He couldn't have willed the Lakers through the playoffs by himself. If that could be done, Cleveland would have rings by now.
This would imply that LeBron is the player that Kobe is. He is not -- not yet at least.
Dwight Howard is going to get off his butt if someone isn't there chiding him every single minute? I doubt it.
You need to keep up on current events better. Dwight has slowly been rounding into the player the he has been for most of his career, since the All Star break. He is once again leading the league in rebounding and is in the top 10 in blocked shots. Pau has been playing great ball too since coming back from his foot injury. Earl Clark has also emerged as a solid contributor since the All-Star break. So yes, the Lakers have quite a bit more than just Kobe. I would be willing to bet that Scottie Brooks and Pop both breathed a sigh of relief when Kobe went down.

BTW, as I told you last season, more basketball watching, less listening to the talking heads.