View Single Post
Old April 14 2013, 02:57 AM   #13
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Re: Bioshock Infinite.

I wanted to like the original Bioshock, but I truly hated the game because of the Vita Chambers. Wow, a game where you can't die? Brilliant idea. What's next, a car that doesn't move and is only used for the CD player? However, after having just found out about 1999 mode in Bioshock Infinite, I might have to give this game a shot.

Kotaku wrote:
In 1999 mode the player picks a specialization and sticks with it, and his or her actions will be ruled by that choice. Ammo will be hard to come by. Every small sliver of health will be precious, and if you die you'd better have the resources needed to revive, or it's game over.

Thirteen years after the release of System Shock 2 failure has become something of a dividing line between the hardcore and non-hardcore gamer. "Failure can be fun," Levine said. "That's an old-school notion. The average gamer stops playing when they fail. The hardcore gamer says 'That's it, I'm gonna show this game who's boss'".

That's exactly the attitude the hardcore gamer is going to need going into 1999 mode. It's going to try to break them using their own decisions.
Oh, yeah, baby. That's what I'm talking about. And you can unlock it by entering the Konami code? Too cool.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote