View Single Post
Old April 13 2013, 04:49 AM   #24
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: Did Picard make the right decision with the Son'a/Baku

sonak wrote: View Post
OneBuckFilms wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post

This. And before the film even started the exiled the Son'a to basic death sentences simply because they chose a different way of life. The Son'a were no bargain either don't get me wrong there, but the two were definitely cut from the same cloth.
That's because they were being kicked out of their homes.

I don't offer to help thieves steal my home, regardless of good intentions.

I guess you've never owned a home, as you don't seem to appreciate what that means.

If someone wanted to kick me out of my home, because it would help hondres, thousands or millions of people, it is still, in absolute FACT, THEFT.

Until you can prove otherwise, the Baku have the poral hight ground.

If the Federation and the Sona approached them and asked if they were willing to help, they might well have helped the Federation study and replicate the rings capabilities.

But I guess property theft and tresspassing are okay for a theoretical greater good.

er actually, if the government of the territory where you live wants to move you for some greater good, it's called "eminent domain," not theft.
Except it wasn't a federation planet. If it was where was the Ba'ku's representation in the federation government. If anything the only group who might any have authority over the Ba'ku would be their original homeworld.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote