View Single Post
Old April 13 2013, 02:23 AM   #34
diankra
Commodore

Re: Starbuck's speech about Cain

GenesisNemesis1 wrote: View Post
Deckerd wrote: View Post
Starbuck made a rousing speech at Cain's funeral where she finished by saying she had felt a lot safer with Cain around (I'm paraphrasing here - I only saw it once).

At the time nobody picked up on it but it's always jarred with me. Cain was a vindictive, murderous despot and turned her crew into rapists and thugs. Everyone on Galactica knew this. That speech really pissed me off.
Good topic. Well, sorry to tell you this, but a lot of people thought that Cain made them safer. Everyone on the Pegasus, Starbuck, and Adama. Adama himself said he couldn't find any fault with anything Cain did from a tactical perspective. That last scene in Razor in pretty much a vindication to her.

Lee was torn up about having decided to sacrifice Starbuck and rest of the away team (a decision that was overruled by Adama). He also said Shaw didn't deserve a medal. Adama basically told him not to be naive and that Shaw indeed deserved a medal, and that the decision to sacrifice the away team wouldn't have been the wrong decision, implying that Cain would've done it in a heartbeat.
Troll! Thread resurrecting, possibly re-IDed bridge-dweller!