Responding to Dale Sams
: Why are you so desperate to convince those who disagree with you?
These are the facts from Star Trek canon:
1. One of Starfleet's missions (indeed, it's primary mission) is to "seek out new life."
2. Sentient lifeforms have what we call today "human rights."
3. Tuvix is a lifeform created by a form of reproduction known as symbiogenesis.
4. Tuvix is a sentient lifeform.
5. Tuvix did not cause the act of reproduction that created him.
It thus follows that Tuvix is entitled to all the rights & privileges of other sentient lifeforms in the Federation. One of those is the right to self-determination.
If the Federation is going to go around blithely deciding what sentient lifeforms deserve rights and what sentient lifeforms don't, then they are no better than Terran governments in our history which systematically enslaved or waged genocide on innocent populations.