View Single Post
Old April 12 2013, 06:08 PM   #282
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.
Re: 7X07 The Rings of Akhenaten (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Marsden wrote: View Post
I liked the episode. It wasn't great but wasn't bad, and it was a little rushed.

The celestial body that the monster possesed was a gas giant, not a star. The individual little planetoids were actually satellites, moons if you prefer. There was atmosphere between the moons, like a huge sky with islands floating in it. The closest analogy I've seen was the Flash Gordon movie in 1980, when all of the moons of Mongo and everything in between had air and clouds.

I'm not buying the atmosphere argument. How is that even possible? I'm going with small forcefields around the bike and buildings to keep the air in.

One thing I've not seen mentioned is what happens to all those small moons now that the gas gaint/alien has apparently vanished? Surely with the gravity well gone they're going to start drifting all over the place.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote