View Single Post
Old April 12 2013, 05:55 PM   #964
Jan
Commodore

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

Neroon wrote: View Post
JoeD80 wrote: View Post
Jan wrote: View Post

It would have been seen in the spin-off Crusade episode "The Path of Sorrows" except that an agreement couldn't be made with Patricia Tallman so that part had to be re-written.

Jan
I was thinking of the "Wars of the Mind" outline in the TV movies book. It says something along the lines of "the fiery deaths of Lyta and Lennier can be used to promote the movie" (paraphrasing)
I don't think I'm familiar with that one......
In the TV Movie book of the "Babylon 5 Scripts of J. Michael Straczynski" there was a three-page premise for a feature film with the title "Wars of the Mind". It's incomplete but the part that JoeD80 refers to reads:

It will also see the explosive (and very promotable) demise of two of the series second-level characters, telepath Lyta Alexander and Minbari diplomatic assistant-turned-Ranger Lennier.
Which of course ties in with the original draft of "The Path of Sorrows" where the captured telepath in Mattheson's flashback was supposed to be Lyta and when she escapes, she calls Lennier's name to a fighting Minbari just before the compound is blown up.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote