View Single Post
Old April 11 2013, 07:56 PM   #40
Use of Time
Re: Should I give Enterprise another chance?

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Use of Time wrote: View Post
I think you posting that picture of the opening credits has him scrambling to save face now, hence the irrational comparisons to Twilight, etc. It is a temper tantrum, nothing more, nothing less.

Since the picture was post number 30, and my mention of Twilight was in post 27, your whole point has fallen flat on its face. Unless you think 30 comes before 27 somehow?

There are many reasons to not care for Enterprise. Why limit it to one?

Bad writing. Terrible acting. The theme song. Its fucked up timeline. Ferengi. A ship that is supposedly 100 years before the TOS Enterprise, yet looks far more advanced. Future Guy. A Night in Sickbay.

If you can overlook the numerous failings of the show, good for you. My opinion is that is a failure start to finish.
Look up, you might see the point sailing way over your head...nope too late. Again, nothing but generalizations without anything specific to point out. You cherry picked what is notoriously bad but fail to address the countless things Enterprise did well. The Xindi arc, the Vulcan awakening arc, the augments and the Terra Prime movement.

A Night in Sickbay and the "Ferengi" make up about 2% of the entire series. I shouldn't have to explain why the Enterprise in 2004 looks more advanced than the one depicted in the late 1960's. Hell the Enterprise that is at port in my hometown looks more advanced than Kirk's Enterprise. The rest of your points are your garden variety generalizations without substance.
Searching for something, a million miles and a ways to go.