View Single Post
Old April 11 2013, 05:18 PM   #34
teya
Vice Admiral

Re: Janeway's Decision to Kill Tuvix

Brit wrote: View Post
Of course it is, but that still doesn't make her decision wrong, when in fact it was the only decision she could have made.

You know the funny part, you guys that don't understand how we can believe that Janeway was right, should understand that we don't see why you want to heap so much hate on her in the first place. And that is a prejudiced position no matter which side you are on.

The judgment of Janeway's action here depends entirely on a gut reaction. It is a moral dilemma, there is no right answer for everyone and everyone's opinion is completely based in the individual's prejudice. You can tell the pro-choice from the anti-choice here, you can tell the pro feminists from the anti feminist. It all colors the individual's opinion. And no one will ever agree.

IMHO, every thread that starts with the word Tuvix or Equinox, should be locked, no good comes from them.
No, Brit. My opinion on this does not come from a hatred for Janeway, nor does my opinion make me anti-choice nor anti-feminist.

And that's gotta be 3 of the most ridiculous assertions I've ever seen made regarding this episode.

My opinion on this comes from 35 years in medicine. The doctor was right. We don't kill one person to save another.

Last edited by teya; April 11 2013 at 05:46 PM.
teya is offline   Reply With Quote