View Single Post
Old April 11 2013, 02:20 PM   #105
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Or how breathing electrical-absorbing nanites into your body (which is a big electrical system) doesn't immediately kill you.

Almost hate when these shows try to make it sound like they thought out the science and it's plausible. Just too easy to nitpick, and anyone with a functional brainstem can see the problem with the theories. I'd rather they just say it's magic, or go the Firefly route and just not talk about it at all....

When it's things like warp drive and DIL crystals, you can kinda accept it, because it's far-future tech, so essentially magic anyway. You have no basis for understanding the concepts the system works on, so can't really nitpick anything but for consistency. When it's about everyday concepts that we understand very well, you can't ask for the same suspension of disbelief. We KNOW how electricity works, so pretty easy to poke all kinds of holes in this dumb nanite scheme.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote