View Single Post
Old April 11 2013, 09:31 AM   #129
Mike Farley
Commodore

Re: Godzilla 2014: Rumors, Pix and filming

Christopher wrote: View Post
^I think I recall Godzilla showing up in an X-Men issue set in Japan. He fought Lockheed, IIRC. I thought at the time it was just a pop-culture joke, but I guess it must've been a crossover with Marvel's Godzilla comic.

It's interesting how Marvel treated most of its licensed tie-in properties as part of the overall Marvel Universe rather than separate realities. They folded in ROM, Micronauts, GI Joe, Transformers, Godzilla, even Jack Kirby's take on 2001. There was even a Marvel Star Trek comic in 1980 where a simulation of Marvel's Dracula appeared and Spock referenced characters from that comic as real historical figures.
I think that was actually Lockheed's female companion from the Beyonder's Battleworld. When the X-Men returned to Earth following the original Secret Wars they materialized in Japan. Lockheed's companion grew to enormous size in Earth's environment. If I remember right, at one point a couple of Japanese school children reference their "monster guide" to identify the creature and briefly consider it night be Godzilla beofre dismissing the thought.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote