View Single Post
Old April 11 2013, 03:08 AM   #19
iheartjpicard
Cadet

Re: Admiral Cain in BSG - A Different Tact

BillJ wrote: View Post
starsailorjane wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Cain was a psycho-bitch and pretty much every action she took was morally/ethically wrong.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely...
Been lurking for a bit...weren't you one of the ones all for genocide with Section 31?
Define "all for"?

As a last resort to protect my way of life, I have no problem wiping out those who threaten it. Torturing someone for the hell of it when it provides little to no useful information, not so much.

But I also have no problem taking survivors of a holocaust and going on the run when staying and fighting serves no useful purpose beyond petty revenge.
Lets be real here, it is implied Section 31 has tortured people (and are you honestly going to try to argue that they haven't). Cain killed a few people? Section 31 has shown entire planets of people are astropolitical pawns worthy of sacrifice as long as they see it as benefiting the Federation. To ardently defend section 31 as you have consistently (I've been a lurker for awhile) and then to condemn Cain's actions seems somewhat contradictory.

And lets be fair to the OP he stipulates that for the purposes of a more constructive debate, we put Cain in the situation where she is fighting a guerrilla war she has a chance of winning.